- Be sure to store Chilewich placemats flat. Do not fold or allow to crease.
- Chilewich placemats and runners are easily cleaned by wiping with soap and water or standard tabletop antibacterial cleanser. A high temperature sanitizer can be used up to once a week.
- We do not recommend running placemats or runners through a dishwasher.
- Do not iron or dry with a heated dryer.
- Permanent stains may result when certain food or liquids are left on the tablemat for long periods before cleaning.
- Substances like tomato, hot pepper sauce, turmeric or mustard may stain lighter color textiles. Wash such stains immediately to avoid permanent damage or discoloration.
- Should a stubborn stain occur, woven vinyl is very durable and can withstand aggressive scrubbing with a soft-bristle brush and a bleach-based cleaner. This will remove the stain without altering the fabric.
Special care is required for Dhalia Placemats:
- Do not use cleaning products that contain bleach, ammonia or household alcohol. Top layer metallic foil may be damaged if treated with rough sponges/brushes, harsh soaps or chemicals.
- Clean with warm water, mild soap and a clean, soft sponge or clean cloth. Do not aggressively scrub. Rinse well and air dry.
- To sanitize, simply use vinegar and a clean, soft sponge or clean cloth. Rinse well with clean water and air dry.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE EASY CARE INSTRUCTIONS TO MAINTAIN YOUR NEW SHAG INDOOR/OUTDOOR MAT:
- Vacuum, shake out or hose off with water to clean. Hang to dry.
- Good in all weather. Quick to dry.
- Mold, mildew and chlorine resistant.
- Do not lay on top of rubber floor or place objects made of rubber on top of the mat.
- Discoloration of the mat or floor may occur.
- We recommend that you occasionally lift, move and air out your shag mat.
- Although our shag mats are mold-resistant, the flooring underneath them may not be.
For additional cleaning and maintenance instructions, visit MAINTENANCE.CHILEWICH.COM