Nordicware 3D Lamb Cake Mold
Create this lamb cake for Easter or any time of the year! Lamb cake pan's two pieces allows free standing cake that is easy to make and decorate.
Use a standard cake mix, your own recipe or try this recipe courtesy of Nordic Ware.
Chocolate Lamb Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously grease inside of molds (top and bottom half) with solid vegetable shortening or butter. Dust with cocoa powder or use baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs, beating until light and fluffy. Sift together dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Add melted chocolate and beat for two minutes.
- Pour prepared batter in bottom half of mold, approximately 3 cups (the bottom half is the face of the lamb). Place top mold (back of lamb) on top, interlocking seams. IMPORTANT: make sure half with vent hole is on top to allow steam to escape). Place mold on cookie sheet and bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cake cool for 5-10 minutes. Turn mold before standing in upright position. Trim bottom of cake if surface is not flat.
- Use frosting as desired to decorate and help keep the cake upright. For best results, cool cake in the refrigerator or freezer before frosting. this makes a firmer surface for icing. When ready, place a dab of frosting on serving plate and stand mold in upright position. Frost cake and use other desired decorations.