Shun Classic 8" Western Chef's Knife
The Shun Classic 8" Western Chef's Knife upgrades the traditional European design to give you a true edge on the line, while still capable of the heavier demands of professional kitchens. Crafted for precision, speed and comfort, Shun Classic knives have revolutionized the cooking experience for home cooks and professional chefs alike. The Damascus-type blade is beautiful and adds stainless properties, while the very hard VG-10 "super steel" cutting core holds an extremely sharp, professional edge. Ebony-colored PakkaWood handles are shaped in the traditional Japanese "D-shape" for all-day comfort. Hand washing is recommended to preserve the fine edge and long-term preservation of the handle. And like all Shun Classic blades, it includes free lifetime sharpening and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Features of the Shun Classic 8" Chef's Knife include:
- Classic Western Chef's knife profile
- Very versatile and built for heavier-duty tasks
- Fully forged, premium, Damascus-style cutlery with an extremely sharp edge
- Hand-sharpened 22° double-bevel blade (44° comprehensive)
- VG-MAX carbon steel cutting core with 34 layers each side (68 total) stainless Damascus cladding
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle
- Stainless steel bolster and end cap provides strength and exceptional balance
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Manufacturer's free resharpening service (owner must pay shipping)
- Manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty
Free Shipping on orders of $59 or more!