Shun Classic Chef's Knife
Designed for precision, speed and comfort, the Shun Classic Series has revolutionized the cooking experience for home cooks and professional chefs alike. The Shun Classic Chef's Knife, while similar in the shape and versatility of it's Western counterparts, is a Japanese interpretation of the iconic profile.
Shun's fantastically keen, fine edge follows a sharper angle as it curves up to meet the spine at the tip, which means less metal along the length of the blade. The end result is a lighter-feeling blade with brilliant, effortless cutting performance. From the heel to the very fine tip, the Shun Classic Chef's Knife is a speedy natural at chopping, slicing, mincing and highly precise dicing and brunoise cuts. Use it for virtually any fresh fruit, veg and boneless proteins, but do not use it to cut frozen foods or bones.
The Damascus-type blade is beautiful and adds stainless properties, while the very hard VG-10 "super steel" cutting core holds an extremely sharp, professional edge. Ebony-colored PakkaWood handles are shaped in the traditional Japanese "D-shape" for all-day comfort.
Hand washing is recommended to preserve the fine edge and long-term preservation of the handle. And like all Shun Classic blades, it includes free lifetime sharpening and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Features of the Shun Classic Chef's Knife include:
- Asian profile chef's knife has a more acute triangular shape
- Fully forged, premium, Damascus-style cutlery with an extremely sharp edge
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade
- VG-MAX carbon steel cutting core with 16 layers each side (33 total layers)
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle
- Stainless steel bolster and end cap provides strength and exceptional balance
- Highly versatile as your primary kitchen knife
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Manufacturer's free resharpening service (owner must pay shipping)
- Manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty
Free Shipping on orders of $59 or more!