Shun Sora 7" Hollow Ground Santoku Knife
The Shun Sora 7" Hollow Ground Santoku Knife is an Asian-inspired knife that many cooks have started adding to their must-have list of kitchen favorites. The santoku can handle all the basic kitchen cutting tasks. Slightly shorter than standard chef knives, the santoku is agile, light, and extremely easy to maneuver, making it a great alternative to a standard chef's knife. Adding to its versatility, the Shun Sora Santoku also has just enough belly curve to allow rocking cuts. Includes a Manufacturer's 10-year warranty and free lifetime sharpening!
Features of Shun Sora Knives include:
- Composite Blade technology integrates a VG10 san mai cutting edge with a Japanese 420J mirror-polished stainless steel upper.
- Shun Sora's cutting edge is Japanese san mai construction; a traditional high-end knifemaking technique.
- VG10 is clad with a single layer of stainless steel on each side, ensuring a razor-sharp 16° double bevel edge.
- VG10 edges are hardened to 60-61° on the Rockwell Hardness Scale
- The blade upper is mirror-polished 420j stainless steel.
- The san mai cutting edge is braze welded to 420j in a wavy pattern based on beautiful, traditional hamon blade lines.
- Lightweight, textured TPE handle ensures excellent grip, superior balance and easy maintenance.