Shun Classic Blonde 9" Bread Knife
The Shun Classic Blonde 9" Bread Knife is a decidedly western design that many cooks simply don't want to do without. It's incredibly capable at cuttling cleanly through tough-skinned and fibrous fruit and veg- not to mention a wide array of breads and other baked goods. Shun's “low frequency” serrations in particular have a keen bite and smooth slice that can simply glide through crusty or tender breads, cakes and crusts. And it works equally well on tomatoes, mellon rinds, eggplant. This Damascus-type blade is beautiful and adds stainless properties, while the very hard VG-10 "super steel" cutting core holds an extremely sharp, professional edge. The Classic Blonde Series features light-colored PakkaWood handles for a striking new look; the traditional Japanese "D-shape" ensures all-day comfort. Hand washing is recommended to preserve the fine edge and long-term preservation of the handle. And like all Shun Classic blades, it includes free lifetime sharpening and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Features of the Shun Classic Blonde 8" Chef's Knife include:
- Slice tender or crusty breads with no ripping, squashing, or tearing
- Low frequency serrations have excellent bite, but slice cleanly
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a long-lasting edge
- 34 layers of supporting stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total) adds stain resistance
- D-shaped blonde PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang and stainless steel end cap for light weight and perfect balance
- NSF Certified for professional use
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Manufacturer's free resharpening service (owner must pay shipping)
- Manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty
Free Shipping on orders of $59 or more!