The Shun Sora Chef's Knife is a fully-forged, high performance blade made by a proprietary composite blade technique. This construction permanently...View full details
Shun Sora Knives
Shun is Japanese for at the peak of perfection and the Shun Sora collection of knives definitely fits that description. Shun combines patented composite blade technology with traditional Japanese aesthetics to create knives with brilliant, modern style and razor sharp performance. The Shun Sora composite blade technology combines a VG10* san mai cutting edge with a mirror-polished Japanese 420j stainless steel upper half for excellent stain resistance. The composite blade technology allows high performance steel to be put where it's needed the most-on the knife's cutting edge. The two blade sections are laser cut, then fit together like the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. The two pieces are then braze welded to permanently join them. The beautiful eye-catching wavy pattern at the joint is based on traditional Japanese sword hamon lines. The shun Sora collection all feature a double bevel, 16° angle on each side. This thinner edge cuts more easily because it puts less stress on the edge of the blade, meaning it takes fewer strokes to do the job. The traditional handle design is made of a lightweight textured TPE polymer, which provides superior balance, grip and easy maintenance. Each handle is also adorned with a Shun logo in stainless steel to enhance and balance the handle.
All Shun knives include free lifetime sharpening from their US Headquarters in Tualatin, Oregon!
Features of Shun Sora Knives include:
- Composite Blade technology integrates a VG10 san mai cutting edge with a Japanese 420J mirror-polished stainless steel upper.
- Shun Sora's cutting edge is Japanese san mai construction; a traditional high-end knifemaking technique.
- VG10 is clad with a single layer of stainless steel on each side, ensuring a razor-sharp 16° double bevel edge.
- VG10 edges are hardened to 60-61° on the Rockwell Hardness Scale
- The blade upper is mirror-polished 420j stainless steel.
- The san mai cutting edge is braze welded to 420j in a wavy pattern based on beautiful, traditional hamon blade lines.
- Lightweight, textured TPE handle ensures excellent grip, superior balance and easy maintenance.
The Shun Sora 7" Hollow Ground Santoku Knife is an Asian-inspired knife that many cooks have started adding to their must-have list of kitchen favo...View full details
The Shun Sora 6" Ultimate Utility Knife is incredibly versatile in its uses. This non-traditional looking Utility Knife offers a low-frequency serr...View full details