Kaizen- a Japanese word, meaning "improvement" or "change for the better"
This unique collection boasts strength and beauty with scalpel-like performance for the professional chef or culinary enthusiast. Each blade is crafted from a prized VG-10 (CMV60) "super-steel" cutting core that is clad with 64 total layers of stainless steel in a striking Flower Damascus pattern. Then the blade begins a 4-step Cryodur hardening process to maximize edge retention and durability. This complex technique is performed in a highly specialized vacuum furnace just before the blade temperature is reduced to room temperature. And then, within seconds, each blade is cryogenically frozen to -321°F to enhance corrosion resistance. This innovative tempering process gives Miyabi Kaizen blades a 60° Rockwell hardness. The blade is then hand ground with a katana edge using the traditional Japanese 3-step Honbazuke method, and finished by artisans who hone and polish a 9.5-12° bevel angle per side for superior sharpness. The blades are coupled with comfortable and traditional "D-shaped" handles crafted from black linen Micarta. Each handle is fixed in place by a beautiful mosaic pin, red spacers at the bolster and butt and a stainless steel end cap, signifying its traditional Japanese heritage.The Zwilling J.A. Henckels Miyabi Kaizen series includes a complete line of cutlery for the professional or discriminating home chef, and is backed by a manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty. Make in Seki, Japan. Hand wash only.
Features of Miyabi Kaizen Cutlery include:
- VG10 (CMV60) super steel core
- 32-layers per side stainless steel support in a beautiful "Flower Damascus" design
- CRYODUR ice-hardening process
- Rockwell hardness of 60
- Double-bevel katana edge design
- Traditional, hand-honed, 3-step Honbazuke sharpening
- Artisan-honed 9.5-12° bevel angle per side
- Functional mosaic handle pin with red spacers and a stainless steel end cap
- "D-shaped" black linen Micarta handle
- Hand wash only
- Manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Seki, Japan