Four Festive & Boozy Holiday Drinks
We've put together not one, not two but four boozy holiday drinks because...2020 From this tangy cranberry White Christmas Cocktail and the dreamy-creamy yuletide eggnog to a heart-warming Scandinavian mulled wine and a boozy holiday punch, we think these liquid gems are just what this holiday season needs. So, have yourself a merry little Christmas...now.
If you don't have a cocktail shaker you better get one quick before they're gone. It has been a challenge keeping anything in stock this year. You'll need a shaker for the White Christmas Cocktail recipe, and we must admit it's hard to believe you've made it this far this year without one!
As of my writing this post we still have a few shakers left, including a handsome 26 ounce Stainless Shaker with a built-in strainer, a nice Boston-Style Stainless Shaker and a nifty 7-Piece Bar Set. Hurry, before these become a memory.
When Nothing But A White Christmas Will Do.
This holiday cocktail will have you dreaming of a white Christmas with you and your loved ones! Sweet white cranberry juice mixed with lime, garnished with fresh rosemary and tart cranberries - what more could you ask for in a margarita? Whether you have a white Christmas or not this year, these festive cocktails are sure to bring in the holiday cheer!
White Christmas Cranberry Cocktail
Download the Recipe/Print
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Servings: 2
- 9 oz. white cranberry juice
- Juice of one lime
- 2 oz. triple sec
- 3 oz. silver tequila of your choice
- Salt and sugar for rimming
- Lime slices
- Fresh rosemary and fresh cranberries for garnish
1. Using a cocktail shaker, add a handful of ice and add ingredients.
2. Cover and shake for 15 seconds - until the drink is cool and chilled.
3. Rim the glass with a lime and dip in the sugar/salt mix.
4. Pour drink over ice, and garnish with the fresh rosemary and cranberries.
Let's Make Some Boozy Holiday Eggnog.
Bring back all the cozy warm feelings of Christmas time and holiday fun with this creamy homemade eggnog. Homemade eggnog is a complete game changer compared to grocery carton eggnog. This eggnog recipe is one of the best out there and is guaranteed to be your go-to holida nog! And, you'll be surprised at just how easy it is to make.
Boozy Holiday Eggnog
Download the Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Servings: 14
- 12 egg yolks and egg whites, separated
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup rye whiskey
- 1/2 cup Jamaican rum
- 2 cups whole milk
1. Using a whisk or electric mixer, beat egg yolks with sugar to fully combine.
2. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until the edges begin to froth. Add 2/3 of the egg whites to the yolk/sugar mixture. Stir to combine.
3. Slowly pour in the rye and rum into the egg/sugar mixture - stirring as you pour.
4. Pour in milk and stir to combine.
5. Stir in remaining 1/3 egg whites. Generously grind whole nutmeg over entire mixture. Serve at once or refrigerate in a sealed container.
Scandinavian Mulled Wine, Because Hygge.
With cinnamon, cloves, oranges, and honey, swirling in a warm red wine and brandy mix, this traditional drink is sure to get you in a cozy, Christmas mood. Mulled wine is a traditional Scandinavian drink served during the chilly winter months that's been around for over 2,000 years! With this recipe, we went with a full-bodied red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon.
Don't forget to add a high-quality brandy as it will add dimension to your drink. And, of course, use fresh oranges to garnish as this will give your mulled wine a warm citrus kick. If you're looking to cozy up on a cold winter's night, this traditional recipe will keep you cozy!
Scandinavian Mulled Wine
Download the Recipe/Print
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes |. Servings: 6
- 1 bottle Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds + more for garnish
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks + more for garnish
- 3 star anise + more for garnish
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/2 c. brandy
1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients, and turn heat to medium. Stirring often, allow mixture to come to a simmer - do not let it boil.
2. Once it comes to a simmer, reduce heat to low. Allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Serve warm and add the oranges, star anise, and cinnamon sticks for garnish.
Sweet, tart, citrusy, with just the right amount of carbonation...what more could you ask for in a holiday punch? This holiday punch is as EASY as it gets when it comes to holiday drinks. This drink is a classic and a holiday favorite. And chances are, you already have the ingredients in your house. Orange juice, 100% cranberry juice, ginger ale, sparkling apple cider, and your favorite brand of vodka (we love Tito's!).
If a crowd is not what you're after, you can easily cut the recipe in half this year and stay happy through new year's eve!
Download the Recipe/Print
Prep Time: 5 minutes. |. Servings: 24
- 64 ounces cranberry juice
- 4 cups orange juice
- 25 ounces sparkling apple cider
- 2 liters ginger ale
- 1 cup Tito's vodka
- Fresh orange slices
- Fresh cranberries
1. Combine all ingredients in a large punch bowl. Garnish with sliced oranges and fresh cranberries. Serve over ice.
Don't forget to give your holiday drinks a little love with a fun and festive cocktail napkin. Makes a great little gift too! — SHOP the Holiday Cocktail Napkin Collection →
Hey, before you go, make sure you're signed up to get the latest posts from our blog, Inspired Cooks, and a lot more!
Cook more. Eat better. And have more fun!