Make-Ahead Egg Sandwiches
What do we want? BREAKFAST FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! And with these make-ahead egg and cheese sandwiches you can have both. We love the silky egg filling with healthy bright green spinach leaves and we love that the egg slices can be frozen and thawed out whenever the egg sandwich craving strikes. Add melty cheese, bacon and a toasted English muffin to take it to the next level.
Another element of ease in this recipe? The incredible immersion blender, aka the Smart Stick Hand Blender from Cuisinart that cuts out the only real element of work in this recipe - combining the egg mixture.
The smart stick blends your filling until perfectly smooth and ready to be poured directly in your baking pan. This tool is also a huge time saver when making blended soups as well, no more blending in batches in the blender. Do it all at once right in the bowl or stock pot with an immersion blender. SHOP Immersion Blenders »
Egg, Spinach & Cheese SandwichesYield: 8 Sandwiches
- 8 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 2.5 ounces raw Baby Spinach, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Non-Stick Spray
- 8 slices Cheese, we used Provolone
- Bread for 8 Sandwiches - English Muffins, Sandwich Bread, Sandwich Thins, Biscuits, etc.
Avocado (add after re-heating)
1. Make the egg filling: preheat the oven to 350F and line a 9x13 baking pan with foil. Spray liberally with non-stick spray. Evenly sprinkle chopped spinach leaves in bottom of pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour into prepared baking pan and bake 15-20 minutes, or until eggs are set and edges just begin to brown. Remove from oven and cool.
3. Assemble the sandwiches: slice cooled egg mixture into 8 pieces. Place one egg square and a slice of cheese on your bread of choice. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and freeze until ready to eat. Alternatively, egg squares can be frozen separately and thawed in the microwave - serve on toasted bread with cheese.
DON'T MISS a post from our Inspired Cooks Blog — Sign Up Now — and you won't miss another morsel!