Most items ship same day!
in the Continental U.S. and most items ship same day!
Learn how to make delicious dairy and egg-free ice cream from coconut milk. Then sandwich it between two crisp tahini and honey cookies, which are also dairy and egg-free. You can easily make this vegan by substituting the maple syrup for the honey. Either way, these ice cream sandwiches are this summer's cool treat!
This no-churn coconut milk ice cream sandwich takes advantage of natural tahini and honey flavors and is a great alternative to traditional ice cream. The mixture can be churned in an ice cream maker if you have one, though we simply poured ours into a square baking dish and let it freeze for a couple of hours. To make nice and neat sandwiches, use the same round cookie or biscuit cutter you used to cut the cookies to cut matching rounds of the frozen ice cream. Round Biscuit Cutters » Smooth & Ripple Edge Cutters »
*To make this recipe vegan, just replace the honey with maple syrup or agave syrup.
Yield: 8 Sandwiches
For the Ice Cream:
1 can Full Fat Coconut Milk
1/4 cup Almond Milk
2 tablespoons Honey or Maple Syrup
1 tablespoon Tahini
1 teaspoon Vanilla
For the Cookie Base:
1/4 cup Honey or Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Tahini
1-2 tablespoons Water
1/2 cup Almond Meal
3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
For the Chocolate Dip:
8 oz Vegan Dark Chocolate
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
Toasted Sesame Seeds
1. Make the ice cream: in a large bowl beat together the coconut cream, almond milk, honey, tahini and vanilla until well combined.
2. Pour into an 8" square baking dish, cover and freeze for several hours until firm. (You can also use an ice cream maker.)
2. For the cookies: preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl stir together the honey, tahini and 1 tablespoon of water. Add almond meal.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda, add to the tahini mixture and combine to form a stiff dough (you may need to use your hands to mix), adding an extra tablespoon of water if necessary.
4. Roll out on a silicone mat (or a floured surface) to about 1/8” thick. Use a round cutter to cut into circles 2.5-inches in diameter. Chill for 30 minutes before baking for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. (Here's another round cutter set that offers a smooth edge on one side and a fluted edge on the other.)
5. Assemble the ice cream sandwich: cut ice cream into rounds using the same cookie cutter you used for the cookies. Place round of ice cream between two cookies and press to seal together. Quickly continue the process with remaining cookies and ice cream and return sandwiches to the freezer.
6. Make the chocolate dip: melt together chocolate and coconut oil. Dip half of each sandwich cookie in the chocolate mixture and garnish with toasted sesame seeds or cacao nibs. Place on parchment-lined sheet pan to set and store in the freezer until ready to serve.
Create silky smooth frozen treats with this fully automatic stainless steel ice cream maker with commercial quality compressor. The Cuisinart Ice Cream and Gelato Maker comes with separate paddles for gelato and ice cream to create the perfect textures. Each paddle controls the amount and size of ice crystals that form and how much air is folded in giving you perfect results. The new Keep Cool function holds your freshly made ice cream or sorbet at the perfect temperature for up to 10 minutes, without over-hardening. Can make up to 1-1/2 quarts of ice cream, gelato, sherbet, or sorbet.
SHOP NOW » (and make homemade ice cream all summer long!)
Need a new ice cream scoop — we've got you covered!
Inspired Cooks Blog — Cook more. Eat better. And have more fun!
Sign Up Now and you won't miss a morsel!