No-Bake Peanut Butter Zebra Bars
This easy dessert is a pantry favorite - peanut butter, chocolate chips, graham crackers and a little powdered sugar are all you need to make this fun and delicious treat. Add a few kids for a bit more fun!
It's kind of like a Reese's cup, just in a bar format. We love the rich peanut butter filling topped with striped chocolate - and on top of all that it's NO-BAKE! So, whether you're baking with kids or just need a quick dessert for tonight that's sure to please, this recipe is a winner.
Peanut Butter Zebra Bars
Yield: 9"x13" Pan (about 28 medium-sized squares)
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 cup Butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1⁄2 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 16 Graham Crackers, ground
- 1-1⁄2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, melted
- 1/3 cup White Chocolate Chips, melted
- 4-1⁄2 tablespoons Coconut Oil, divided and melted
Tip: Melting chocolate chips in the microwave. Use a glass bowl or glass measuring cup and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each interval until it's melted and smooth. This won't temper your chocolate and give you that rich shine, but it's perfect for the topping on these Zebra Bars or dipping strawberries, etc.
1. Prepare the peanut butter layer: in a large bowl, measure and mix together all peanut butter layer ingredients. Press into a foil-lined 13” x 9" baking pan.
2. Prepare the chocolate swirl layers: In one small bowl, stir together the warm melted semi-sweet chocolate chips and 4 tablespoons of the warm melted coconut oil. Spread in an even layer over top of the peanut butter layer.
3. In a second small bowl, stir together the warm melted white chocolate chips and 1⁄2 tablespoon of the warm melted coconut oil. Place into a pastry bag (or a Ziploc sandwich bag with a corner cut) and pipe straight lines across the semi-sweet chocolate layer. Take a toothpick and run through the lines creating a swirled effect. (see image above).
4. Let set in the refrigerator 30-60 minutes and then slice and serve.
It may be time to upgrade your measuring cups and spoons. OXO's new magnetic sets are the bomb! No more tearing my drawer apart to find the 1/4 tsp. measuring spoon. These neat and tidy magnetic sets are a winner.
OXO's brilliant design shines through with this new 4-piece SS Measuring Spoon Set. Innovative magnetic handles keep the nesting spoons neatly together for organized storage, without tethering them together by clumsy rings or chains. Each spoon pulls away easily for hassle-free, individual use and a soft-grip handle provides precise, non-slip control. The stainless steel set includes 1/4 tsp, 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp and 1 T measuring spoons. Dishwasher safe.
The OXO SS Measuring Cup Set stays nested and organized, thanks to an ingenious magnetic handle design. Each cup pulls away easily for separate use and the non-slip handle offers a superior grip. Plus, the 4-pc set is dishwasher safe. Volumes include 1/4 C, 1/3 C, 1/2 C, and 1 Cup measuring cups.
Don't miss a post from our Inspired Cooks Blog — Sign Up Now —and you won't miss a morsel!