No Churn Unicorn Rainbow Ice Cream
A groovy, technicolor ice cream for kids and adults alike.
This techno-colored, swirled dream of a dessert is definitely the easiest ice cream I've ever made. It is surprisingly well-textured, given the direct-to-freezer method instead of churning in an ice cream maker. It's the perfect experiment for kids and comes together in just 15 minutes (not including chill time of course).
All that's required is to simply whip together cream, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Then divide into bowls, color with your food dye of choice, swirl together and freeze! This project is a great way for kids to let their creativity loose. Don’t forget to top with sprinkles, candy and even edible glitter for a true Unicorn Ice Cream!
Unicorn No-Churn Ice CreamIngredients:
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Assorted Color Food Dye
- Sprinkles, Candy and/or Edible Glitter for topping
1. In a large bowl, whip together the sweetened condensed milk and cream until stiff peaks form.
2. Divide into 4 bowls and color each as desired.
3. Alternately pour each colored mixture into a freezer-safe container, and swirl together with a spoon or butter knife.
4. Top with sprinkles, candy and/or edible glitter.
5. Place in the freezer until firm, 3-4 hours.
Hey, before you go, make sure you're signed up to get the latest posts from our blog, Inspired Cooks. Cook more. Eat better. And have more fun!