Most items ship same day!
in the Continental U.S. and most items ship same day!
This sweet and colorful salad is sure to be the hit at dinner! One of the most underrated side dishes of all time: kale salad. Not this time! A crisp, colorful salad loaded with oranges and pomegranate seeds, drizzled with a homemade Dijon vinaigrette, will be a surprising delight to everyone. Plus, it's a great way to get in those much needed veggies that seem to get dismissed this time of year!
Download the Recipe/Print
PrepTime: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 5 Minutes | Servings: 4
For the salad:
For the Dijon dressing:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil. In a small bowl, mix melted butter and pecans together to coat. Spread pecans on baking sheet. Bake for 7-10 minutes until toasted. Turn once or twice during baking time.
2. Place chopped onion in a bowl and cover with water. Let sit for 10 minutes. (The water takes some of the bitterness out of the onion but keeps the flavor.) Then, drain and pat with a paper towel till dry.
3. Remove seeds from the pomegranate. Some stores will sell fresh pomegranate seeds, which will make your job easier.
4. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients: olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, and mustard. Then whisk to emulsify. You can also use this clever Salad Dressing Jar form OXO and shake to emulsify the ingredients. It mixes, stores and serves salad dressings without drips.
5. In a large serving bowl, add kale and chopped onion. Drizzle the dressing on top. Using salad tongs, toss the salad to coat in dressing. Allow salad to chill in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes (the kale will tenderize). Remove from refrigerator and add toasted pecans, parsley, pomegranate seeds, and oranges on top of salad. Lightly toss and serve.
Hey, before you go, make sure you're signed up to get the latest posts from our blog, Inspired Cooks, and a lot more!
Cook more. Eat better. And have more fun!