Cheesy Zucchini Tots (for better afternoon snacks!)
Cheesy zucchini tots are baked rather than fried, making them a lower-carb alternative to tator tots. And, they're made fresh, NOT frozen!
Whether this school year means in-person teaching or online classes, routines help keep things normal, such as the afternoon snack. Boost their learning with a tasty and healthy treat!
This healthier solution to classic tater tots, uses fresh, shredded zucchini, panko breadcrumbs, and your favorite shredded cheese to make a great, baked snack whenever the craving hits. Let kids join in on the fun by mixing together ingredients and helping to shape the zucchini tots!
Healthy Zucchini TotsServings: 6-8
- 2 whole Zucchini, shredded (our favorite box grater)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Dipping sauce of choice.
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place shredded zucchini on a clean, lint-free kitchen towel or on a couple of paper towels. Wrap towel around the sides and gently squeeze the excess water from the zucchini. Remove zucchini from towel and place in a bowl.
3. Add the salt, egg, parmesan cheese, panko breadcrumbs and olive oil in the bowl with the zucchini and stir until combined. Scoop out tablespoon-sized portions and shape to look like tater tots. Place on baking sheet leaving about ½-inch distance. Bake 15-20 minutes, until golden.
Hey, before you go, make sure you're signed up to get the latest posts from our blog, Inspired Cooks. Cook more. Eat better. And have more fun!