Most items ship same day!
in the Continental U.S. and most items ship same day!
A traditional Italian summer salad, popular in Tuscany features toasted bread, fresh tomatoes and onions. Our version offers a French twist.
We love the high proportion of toasty bread (obviously) and of course, that it's a delicious way to use up that lingering loaf sitting on your counter. Shake up your summer dinner routine and give this simple salad a try this weekend. It would pair wonderfully with the Roasted Beet Ravioli from our previous post! This panzanella salad recipe borrows lots of French flavors, including my mom's well-loved Farmhouse French Dressing.
Ingredients for the Salad:
Note: You can really amp up the French flavors and substitute Chevre for the Mozzarella and tarragon for the basil. Totally your call.
1. Make the dressing: add the oils and vinegar and whisk together. Then add all of the dry ingredients, paprika, dry mustard, tarragon, sugar, salt, pepper and whisk or shake till emulsified. Then add the garlic. Set aside.
2. Toast the bread: in a large frying pan heat the 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add the baguette pieces and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
3. Assemble the salad: toss together the baguette pieces, tomatoes, red onion, arugula, basil, mozzarella and dressing. Let sit 20-30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
Could something so delicious get any easier? Nope.
If you fall in love, as many before you have with Mom's French Dressing, there's a quicker and better way to make it. (It actually works for all salad dressings, I couldn't live without mine!)
First, get yourself an OXO Large Salad Dressing Shaker and ditch the whisk, the bowl, the measuring cups and all of the clean-up. Make, store and serve your salad dressing all in one!
1. Pour the neutral oil into the OXO Large Dressing Shaker to the 3/4 cup mark.
2. Pour olive oil in till you reach the 1 cup mark.
3. Pour in the white wine vinegar to the 1-1/4 cup mark
3. Now add all the dry ingredients:
4. Add the two cloves of garlic, whole or smashed
5. Screw on the Shaker's top, making sure the pour spout is closed, and shake until emulsified. Store the dressing in the fridge. And, enjoy our family's favorite salad dressing!
This dressing is good on most anything and it makes a great marinade. Try a little on your plate the next time you make a steak, simply dee-lish!
Hey, before you go, make sure you're signed up to get the latest posts from our blog, Inspired Cooks. Cook more. Eat better. And have more fun!
Sign Up Now —And you won't miss a morsel!