Most items ship same day!
in the Continental U.S. and most items ship same day!
Pumpkin pie is a staple at any Thanksgiving feast. The perfectly spiced pumpkin flavor in conjunction with the buttery, flaky crust makes for a simply mouthwatering fall dessert. Although it looks like such a simple dessert, sometimes it can be quite difficult to get it just right.
This impossibly perfect pumpkin pie recipe will not only wow your guests, but you'll also wow yourself by how easy it is to make! You'll never need to look for another pumpkin pie recipe again as this one has been tested to be fail-proof.
Download the Recipe/Print
Prep Time: 30 Minutes | Cook Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes | Servings: 8
For the crust:
For the pumpkin pie filling:
1. In a food processor, pulse the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Add the butter and shortening pieces and combine until substance is coarse and clumpy.
2. Adding the cold water one tablespoon at a time, pulse until just combined and dough is crumbly. The dough should be very crumbly and not stick together.
3. Dump crumbly dough on a disinfected countertop. Form a ball with the crumbly dough and pat down until the dough is approximately 5" in diameter. The edges will crack, and that's okay. Wrap it in plastic and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
4. Lightly cover your countertop with a thin layer of flour. Remove dough from refrigerator and place on countertop. Knead the dough slightly, but don't warm it up too much. Smooth the cracked edges. Roll the dough and add additional flour, if necessary, on top.
5. Place the dough in a 9-inch deep dish pie pan, pressing down slightly to form to pan. Don't stretch the dough or it will crack. If it does tear, just gently patch it up with your fingers.
6. Trim the edges so that there is 1/2 inch tipping off the edge of the pan. Fold the edges underneath the lip of the pan. Crimp the rim with your fingers. Freeze the crust and pan for 15 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Removing the pie crust from the freezer, and placing on a baking sheet, cover the crust with parchment paper. Place pie weights (dried beans will work too) in the covered pie, about halfway. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
8. After 20 minutes, remove pie weights and parchment paper. Use foil or a pie crust shield and bake for another 20 minutes. The crust should be golden color. The bottom of the pie crust may puff up a little bit; don't worry. Just slightly press down with a spatula careful not to puncture the crust.
9. Turn down the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
10. For the filling, whisk together all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Pour the mixture into the baked pie crust and cover the edges with your pie crust shield or foil. Bake for 50-60 minutes - until pie is barely set. The edges should be slightly dry and the center wobbly when moved.
11. Leaving the pie on the baking sheet, allow it to cool to at least room temperature (This will take a few hours, so plan accordingly.)
The classic and affordable glass pie dish we're sure your mom had in her kitchen cupboard. Let your fruit pies, pot pies, crisps, quiches and more shine in this Pyrex Basics 9.5" Deep Dish Pie Plate with a fluted standing rim. The vintage look will bring back memories from your childhood of baking apple pies.
The tempered Pyrex® glass can go directly into a preheated oven, and it heats evenly for consistent results. It’s also great for no-bake and freezer pies. The Pyrex Basics 9.5" Deep Dish Pie Plate is made in the USA and backed by a manufacturer's 2 year limited warranty. (I've had mine for decades!)
A similar fluted rim deep pie dish made from high-fired Burgundian ceramic and color-saturated finish. We think it's the perfect "bake & serve" pie dish. The Emile Henry 9" Pie Dish bakes beautifully and can go from the oven to the table without a second thought. Crusts brown evenly and the interior surface won't scratch, so it's safe to cut in and serve from. The pie dish measures 9" in diameter and holds 1.4 quarts. Dishwasher safe. Made in France and offers a manufacturer's 10 year warranty.
This embossed ceramic beauty features a smooth upright rim and a forest motif. Mason Cash In The Forest 10" Pie Dish is made fro glazed stoneware and bakes pies that are uniformly cooked, evenly browned, tender and never soggy. This cream-colored pottery also features beautiful, traditional European "In the Forrest" motifs that make them wonderful serving pieces. The stoneware pie pan is dishwasher safe, and durable for many years of perfect presentations.
Keep your pie crusts from overbrowning and burning with a little help from the ingenious Talisman Designs One-Piece Adjsutable Pie Crust Shield. This unique pie tool is made from a single, adjustable piece of FDA food safe silicone that will easily wrap around the crust of your pie to keep it from burning. It accommodates an 8", 9" or 10" pie and is easier to use and more economical than traditional aluminum foil. To clean, just load it in the dishwasher!
American craftsmanship, premium materials and a dash of ingenuity make the JK Adams Lovely Rolling Pin one of our favorite baking tools. This quality hardwood pin is precisely carved with a 1/4" recess across the middle 18 inches, so it's easy to roll out a uniform 1/4" crust! The 24" long rolling pin is made in the USA from North American hardwood with a waxed finish. This is a favorite of new and experienced bakers. Includes manufacturer's lifetime warranty.
Hey, before you go, make sure you're signed up to get the latest posts from our blog, Inspired Cooks, and a lot more!
Cook more. Eat better. And have more fun!