LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Warranty, WÜSTHOF USA, Inc. (“WÜSTHOF”) warrants to the consumer or the entity who or which is the initial purchaser or, in the case of a gift, to the initial consumer recipient of this WÜSTHOF product (“you” or “your”) that such product will be free from defects in workmanship and materials under normal use and conditions (as described below) for your lifetime (the “Coverage Period”).
Warranty: This Warranty covers: (a) all parts of this product (except as noted below) and (b) defects in workmanship or materials under normal use and conditions in the United States of America. For purposes of this Warranty, “normal use and conditions” means use and conditions that (i) are in connection with appropriate culinary purposes as intended by WÜSTHOF and (ii) are not described in whole or part in the exclusions outlined in the next part of this Warranty.
Exclusions: WÜSTHOF products are professionally crafted tools, but are not indestructible, so each of the following is excluded from this Warranty:
•Injuries and damage (including without limitation bent tips, chipped or broken blades and melted handles) caused by or resulting from in whole or part any or all of the following: modification(s) not authorized by WÜSTHOF, misuse, abuse, neglect, acts of God (including without limitation fire, tornados, hurricanes or earthquakes), accident, inappropriate use (including without limitation cutting frozen foods or bones, opening jars or cans and cutting on dense surfaces, such as cooling racks, glass, granite and stainless steel);
•Each WÜSTHOF product that is made of wood or, in the case of a product—such as a knife with a wooden handle—that combines wood and other materials, only the wooden portion, because wood is a natural product that cannot be guaranteed (please contact WÜSTHOF Customer Service at the number below to discuss options for such products);
•Sharpening tools and honing steels, due to their abrasive nature; and
•Customary wear and tear, including without limitation straight-edge and serrated blades that are dull, bent, scratched, corroded or marked.
Remedy: For each product or part determined by WÜSTHOF to be defective or to have failed under the use and conditions covered by this Warranty and within the Coverage Period, WÜSTHOF will, at its option, provide a promotional code equivalent to the value of your return via email that can be used on wusthof.com to replace your product.
Limitations: This Warranty is in lieu of all other express warranties, obligations or liabilities. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, EACH IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE COVERAGE PERIOD. EACH ACTION FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY HEREUNDER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, BREACH OF AN IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN THE COVERAGE PERIOD. IN NO CASE SHALL WÜSTHOF BE LIABLE FOR ANY OR ALL INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. No agent, representative, reseller or employee of WÜSTHOF has the authority to increase or alter the obligations of this Warranty.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Warranty Service: Claims under this Warranty are made by sending the relevant product (even if you believe only part of it is defective) to:
WÜSTHOF USA, INC.
355 Wilson Ave.
Norwalk, CT 06854
• Allow 3-4 weeks for inspection and response.
• All knives must be securely wrapped in newspaper or bubble wrap and sent in a sturdy cardboard box for the safety of all handlers.
• Do not send personal items or products other than those made by WÜSTHOF that you wish to retain, such as blade guards, towels or any other thing(s) used for packing or protection. (Such items or products will not be returned.)
• Expenses associated with the shipment to WÜSTHOF of each product subject to a claim under this Warranty and the tracking of each such shipment are your responsibility. (Make sure to retain your tracking number.)
• You are responsible for loss or damage of such product(s) in transit to WÜSTHOF. (Shipping insurance is suggested.)
• If for any reason your product is not covered under the warranty you will be contacted by our Customer Service Team with additional information.Questions: Please contact WÜSTHOF Customer Service at email@example.com.