Shun Classic 7" Granton Santoku Knife
This stunningly beautiful line of cutlery features the look and benefits of Damascus steel, while the hollow-gound edge slices cleanly and reduces food adhesion.
The VG-10 stainless steel is clad with 16 layers of SUS410 high-carbon stainless steel on each side, producing a rust-free Damascus-look. The VG-10 "super steel" is composed of Carbon, Chromium, Cobalt, Manganese, Molybdenum, Silicon, and Vanadium. Ebony-black PakkaWood handles are specifically designed for premium applications. The knife includes a stainless steel bolster and end cap, and it is dishwasher safe.
Features of the Shun Classic Knives include:
- "D" Shape PakkaWood Handle - provides both beauty and function. The "D" shape offers maximum comfort and control. PakkaWood provides strength, stability, and moisture resistance. It is manufactured by impregnating hardwood veneers with phenolic, thermosetting resins and fusing them into a solid, wood-grained structure for premium applications.
- Forged-Steel Blade - VG-10 "super steel" is clad with 16 layers of SUS410 high-carbon stainless steel on each side to produce a rust-free Damascus-look blade. Not only beautiful, the Damascus design also reduces food's ability to stick to the blade.
- Ultimate Edge - VG-10 holds an incredibly sharp edge longer for easier edge maintenance.
- Stainless-Steel Bolster - unique, offset design enhances ergonomic qualities for the highest level of safety and control.
- Stainless-Steel End Cap - adds beauty and durability.
Shun Knives were formerly known as Kershaw Knives.