Most items ship same day!
in the Continental U.S. and most items ship same day!
Fun ideas for a fun and healthy Halloween snack board! Sweet pepper ghosts, blue pretzel aliens, cucumber jack o'lanterns, witch's brooms and a pumpkin made of hummus make up this fun Halloween-themed appetizer.
We love this idea because it allows you to take whatever veggies, fruit and snacks you have in your pantry/fridge and turn them into something perfect for the occasion! Pretzels and sliced string cheese make witch's brooms, edible candy eyes are a perfect garnish to make just about anything spookier and cut shapes out of cucumbers, carrots, melon and more - to make Jack O'Lanterns, ghosts, etc.!
What we used:
1. To make Witch's Brooms: cut string cheese sticks into 4 pieces each. Place one pretzel stick into each string cheese piece and use a pairing knife to make thin slices to give the appearance of broom bristles.
2. To make the Hummus "Pumpkin": place a large scoop of hummus in a shallow bowl. Use a spoon to create the lines of the pumpkin. Take a small piece of cucumber and cut stripes using a pairing knife. Place at the top of the hummus to look like a stem.
3. To make the Cucumber Jack O'Lanterns: peel and slice a cucumber into rounds. Use a pairing knife to cut out jack o'lanterns faces in each.
4. To make Blue Pretzel Aliens: dip pretzels into melted blue candy coating. (can be purchased at most craft stores in the cake decorating aisle). Top with edible candy eyes before the coating sets
5. To make Sweet Pepper Ghosts: use a little bit of hummus to stick edible candy eyes to each pepper. You may want to remove candy eyes before eating.
Hey, check out these SPOOKY SAVINGS. A pair of nimble parers from Zwilling JA Hanckels.
This ZWILLING 4" Four Star Paring Knife is a short, easy to control blade that is ideal for peeling, trimming and shaping fruits and vegetables and other delicate close work. The very fine tip and super-sharp edge makes a smooth, clean and precise cuts without bruising. On SALE for a limited time.
Hey, before you go, make sure you're signed up to get the latest posts from our blog, Inspired Cooks, and a lot more!
Cook more. Eat better. And have more fun!